Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Cam!

I'm super pumped I FINALLY bought my new camera! After a bit of decision making and bargaining, I ended up choosing the new Samsung NX10 DSLR. I was debating over a Canon but decided this was the right camera for me. The biggest seller for this camera (for me), was its portability. It's really small, very light and compact, and it does the job. I'm by no means a professional photographer, i wanted something better than a normal digital camera, but didn't want a clunky, confusing, advanced DSLR either.



I purchased it at a Samsung store, which is a Korean brand btw, and I actually was able to bargain the price down with the seller, which shocked me. Could you imagine going to a Best Buy or Samsung store in Canada and bargaining a price down with a sales associate?! And by me saying that I was able to bring the price down, i mean my Korean speaking friend was able to bargain the price down. I just played the "dumb foreigner" card and observed lol

Nonetheless, I FINALLY have a new camera, after 2? LONG months of NO camera, which felt like an eternity... I'm excited to try it out this weekend. Saturday night looks like is going to be spent in the "Hongdae" neighborhood (basically a trendy University area full of art, live bands, clubs, restaurants, and cafes) in Seoul, and Sunday will be a day celebrating the gorgeous Lantern Festival.



That is if this silly cold doesn't get the best of me...

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment