Thursday, July 15, 2010

Calling All OnlineShoppingAddicts !

Some say online shopping can be quite addictive, and it can. There are multiple reasons as to why online shopping has been so successful.

For one, it’s convenient: there’s no need to go out and purchase something when that item can be directly delivered to you.

Second, bargains: some online shopping sites offer hefty discounts, most notably Ebay.

Third, you can shop in your underwear.

I hadn’t done much online shopping in back home in Canada…but now it’s a different story. Online shopping in South Korea is beyond popular. Everyone and their grandma shops online for simple reasons: It’s easy, you can buy pretty much ANYTHING, and delivery is usually free and EXTREMELY quick (especially in the Seoul area).

There’s a specific site that everyone knows about and shops at: GMarket. Think of it as EBay but on crack. You can buy ANYTHING from clothing to groceries. Check it out at: http://www.gmarket.co.kr/ (It’s in Korean but you can get a basic English translated web site by clicking on the top right hand corner)

Cute Jumpsuits (which I LOVE right now) for 10 bucks?! These are some cute ones I found on GMarket.





Apart from GMarket, Online Shopping Malls (as they call it), are extremely popular and successful. The best thing about these web sites are the prices. (1,000 Korean Won is equivalent to .86 cents…you do the math on the web sites)

Check some of these out:

Yubsshop(Not as cheap as GMarket but def. more on the trendy side and you can find a lot of unique items)

Chicgirl2 (I just bought this cute crop top for about $5.00!)



T-aradot.com (They carry a lot of “pretty” and cute things, but they often have a lot of trendier individual items) I’m loving this vest at the moment…for around 20 bucks Canadian Why not?



Modne (More Casual and Cute but you can still find some trendy items)

Some of the items these "stores" carry are super trendy and often difficult to find over in Canada/America etc. So I'm taking FULL advantage of these deals while I'm here :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Claudia,
    Great post!
    I'm a great fan of online shopping and I want to purchase from Chicgirl2.com but I reside in SG. May I know how you go about purchaing from their website? I heard that shipping is difficult! But the items are definitely cheaper & trendier than those found in SG Malls. ^o^
    Do mail me if possible! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete