Monday, July 5, 2010

American Vogue: You bore me.

I walked by a newsstand the other day and instantly noticed this cover of the July 2010 issue of Korean Vogue:



Eye catching isn't it?

This January Cover was STUNNING as well:



I've been an avid Vogue reader of American Vogue for years but as many of you readers know, American Vogue really doesn't push the boundaries as far as their covers are concerned. I especially LOATHE the fact that they use mostly celebrities on the cover.

The beautiful French Marion Cotillard was on July's 2010 US Vogue issue... the cover itself is absolutely BORING, but I will US Vogue credit for taking a "risk" by putting a French actor on the cover.



Here is Blake Lively on the June 2010 US Vogue Cover. Boring! She is a gorgeous girl but I should mention that she was also on a previous February Cover...honestly use someone else and stop recycling your celebrities and use an actual model!



American Vogue should learn something from Paris, Korean and Russian Vogue. Their covers are AMAZING, unique and EYE CATCHING and don't always involved celebrities posing on the cover. I say Bring Back the Models!! No wonder American Vogue is struggling to sell magazines.

*Cough* Anna Wintour...are you listening? *Cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment