Sunday, April 25, 2010

An Ode to Emmanuelle

I was talking to one of my close friends from Canada and she asked me to describe what 20 something Korean women were wearing right now. As I was describing the “Korean” woman, I realized one thing: I was in essence describing Emmanuelle Alt.

I came to the conclusion that Emmanuelle Alt’s superpowers have had an amazing influence on the way many women here, dress. I’m sure most women here don’t know who she is, but little do they know the influence this woman has had on their sense of style.

Emmanuelle Alt (Fashion director of Paris Vogue) is the epitome of rocker chic, and for the past year or so, I’ve seen a major influx of leather jackets, Balmain style blazers, knee high boots, ankle boots, leggings, skinny ripped jeans, oversized 80’s tops and black…lots and lots of black. With most girls here being a size 0, they are easily able to pull this look off amazingly. Here’s a few pictures of the absolutely ferosh Emmanuelle.









Even though I was describing the fall/winter look that many women were rocking, many of these looks are still being carried over into spring, especially the blazers and leather jackets, as they are great transitional items. It’s been kind of a whirlwind as far as temperature is concerned here in the Seoul area. It is FINALLY starting to feel warm, and spring like…but let me tell you it’s been a LONG, LONG winter.

Summer, please hurry up and get here.

Xoxo Cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment