Friday, April 30, 2010

Boaters

I was rummaging through a fashion magazine I picked up on my last trip to Tokyo a month and a half ago and I became reminiscent of all the trends that I saw.

But I must say… the MAY-JAH trend that I saw was the “boater” hat (a straw hat with a stiff all around brim). It was EVERYWHERE. EVERY store sold them, in a variety of different colors, with different accessories, and all of the “Shibuya” girls were rocking them. I didn’t venture too far out on my trip, I mostly stayed around the Shinjuku and Harajuku areas, but the presence of those hats was pretty evident.





The fedora hat trend has been pretty strong in the states as well as in Europe and Asia, but I wonder if the “boater” hat trend will make its way states side. Though I have seen them at a few American style stores here in Seoul, I have yet to see the trend make a big impact in the American market. Though there’s still a lot of time. Many trends start in Japan and eventually, months later, suddenly appear in the American Fashion Industry.

I personally think the hats are cute and will look amazing with the season’s romantic flowery dresses don’t you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment