Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sun Hats!

Packing for my previously mentioned roadtrip was a bit of a hassle…but I think I managed to find a common ground and brought only the necessities. And surprisingly, the one thing that I found EXTREMELY useful was my sun hat.

In South Korea, protecting your skin from the damaging UV rays is EXTREMELY important. Koreans take EXTREMELY good care of their skin and use all types of sunscreens and protective covers to keep their skin healthy, and...white. Most Koreans have very sensitive skin and it is VERY easy for them to get sunburned or tanned, which most particularly don't like. Here's a few candids of Koreans doing exactly that in one of the islands we stopped at on our trip. You'll notice all the big sunhats women wear and the "sun umbrellas."




People who have white, porcelain like skin are considered ideal and beautiful here. Whereas in most other parts of the world, porcelain, TAN skin is considered more attractive. Regardless, I guess Koreans are extremely smart for taking care of their skin like that...Korean women and men have the most BEAUTIFUL skin ever and they seem to be ageless. Baking under the sun is becoming less and less attractive to me.

I've been avoiding the sun in the hopes of not getting a sunburn and apart from wearing my daily sunscreen (which EVERYONE should use), I found hats to be a great way of protecting myself from the sun all while looking stylish at the same time.

My collections of hats has been steadily growing ever since I've been here (I don't quite know how I'm going to bring all my items back to Canada...) and there's two specific styles that stand out the most for me:

The Classic Sun Hat(I'm not a huge fan of these hats but they did come in handy quite alot during this trip. And when you put one on you instantly feel uber chic :)

Here's a cute one from Juicy Couture:


And here's a classic one from American Apparel:

and

The Classic Fedora (Yes, I know that the fedora has been "in" for a few seasons and what not and many people [mostly New Yorkers… I’m kidding :) ... kind of] think that they are overplayed but i think they look extremely chic [on some people], are great for bad hair days and protect your skin from the sun.)

Here's a "straw" fedora hat from Roxy that is great for summer:

I tried to rock the cute boater hats that were all the rage in Japan last season but the shape just doesn't suit my head? :( It didn't look as good on me as it did on the cool Japanese girls.

Boourns.

No comments:

Post a Comment